To download a pdf version of our latest brochure, please click here
Refurbishment Programme: Factory Canteen and Wash Area.
||This refurbishment was carried out for a very large company in the Birstall area. The work required was extensive and time-sensitive. Due to the nature of the business, additional health and safety measures were taken.
This refurbishment programme took place in a wash area, and required us to install a new kitchen area with a wash area included within it. The office area within this space also required refurbishment.
Scope of Work:
• Uplifted all existing server floor tiles and safely removed- approximately 92m².
• Safely removed all skirting tiles.
• Screed over sub floor and left ready to accept new flooring.
• Supplied and fitted new Altro Walkway vinyl as per sample.
• All joints received colour-matched weld rod.
• Supplied and fitted new narrow edge chrome transition trim between vinyl and carpets.
• Supplied and fitted new narrow edging trim around the access hatch to server floor.
• Stripped out ceiling tiles above the server and the grid around the kitchen walls.
• Supplied and fitted new Armstrong Dune Supreme ceiling tiles to match with existing tiles.
• Allowed for new grid where necessary around the old was area, approximately 20m².
• Clad over all existing exposed brickwork with plasterboard- approximately 268m².
• Applied corner beads where necessary and a plaster skim finish.
• Fitted timber skirting to all walls.
• Formed new cleaners cupboards within server area as discussed on-site.
• Applied 1 mist coat and 2 coats of emulsion paint to all new plaster.
• Applied undercoat and gloss coat finish to all woodwork including existing doorframes.
• Formed window over pass-through hatch, ready to receive logo or one-way film.
• Fitted new ceiling tiles to office.
• Fitted new vinyl floor covering to office. Option for carpets was also offered.
• Board fitted over brickwork to office walls with skim finish as above.
• Decorated all walls and woodwork within office.
• Stripped out glazed walls to office and rebuilt in solid.
• Supplied and fitted new desk tops to office.
Wash Area Work
• Stripped out and set aside existing equipment for wash area.
• Made necessary alterations to plumbing work.
• Uplift and remove from site all existing floor tiles.
• Screed over sub floor and ready to accept new flooring.
• Supplied and fitted new Altro Walkway flooring as per sample.
• Removed and skipped door set.
• Made alterations to the wash area walls to allow the ceilings to run through the area and look more open by reducing the wall heights where possible as discussed on-site and created a larger entranceway to the area.
• Clad over all walls with plasterboard, applied a full skim finish, and decorated.
• Supplied and fitted a range of kitchen units with a gloss white slab finish.
• Doors and drawers were arranged to be soft-close, as per requirements.
• Worktops were black sparkle laminate as discussed.
• White ceramic sink bowl and drainer installed as discussed.
• Mixer tap with levers installed.
• Supplied and fitted splash-backs above worktops.
• Supplied freestanding domestic dishwashers.
• Made further necessary changes to plumbing works.
• Erected new low level wall to form new wash area.
• Blocked up existing doorway with hatch left as required.
• Tiled over blocked doorway.
• Hygeinik wall panels used to finish both sides of the wall.
• Installed wash area equipment.
• Alterations made for plumbing in wash area.
• Holes drilled for extractor fan, to be installed by others.